If you decide to stay in our sober living community, you will share the living environment with other people dedicated to addiction recovery. You will either have your own room or share a room with one other person. Most of the time, each resident has his or her own room. All new residents receive brand new bedding when they move in. We recommend that you bring about two suitcases of clothes and a few personal items with you.
Our sober living community requires a few lifestyle changes. The changes are not dramatic and will benefit all the residents. If you follow the basic rules below, you will have a good experience and an opportunity for personal growth.
Sober Living Community Rules
All residents must follow a few basic rules:
- Residents are expected to behave with courtesy and respect for the other residents.
- Residents must participate in two weekly house meetings that are only for the residents.
- Residents are required to attend two daily 12-step meetings when not employed. One per day when employed.
- Residents are required to work a 12 step program with a sponsor of their choosing.
- Nightly Breathalyzers are required and random urine analysis tests will be requested by the house.
- For the first 3 weeks of residency, a 10pm curfew will be required.
- After 3 weeks, Friday and Saturday curfews will be 1am. Residents must still take breathalyser tests between 9:15pm and 10pm.
- After 3 weeks, residents are allowed to leave for the weekend.
- U.A./Breathalizer required after any overnight absence.
Living in a community of peers who are going through the same experience is a great opportunity for growth. The rules are intended to help you keep moving in a positive direction.
Give yourself the best chance for a lasting recovery.